Wednesday 5 March 2014

Restaurant Review: Gola Southend (9, Defence Colony Market, New Delhi) – 3/5 Stars

My partner finished work and asked me to pick her up at the Defence Colony Market. I was excited about going to the Defence Colony Market after such a long time. We had our very first date at Moet’s!

Image


I don’t know if I took a wrong turn or it was due to excessive traffic but I was completely lost until I used my Sat Nav to reach the Defence Colony Market where she was waiting eagerly for me in a lovely pink dress. 


The first thing she said to me was: “I’m so hungry!” and I just said instantly, let’s get into the first restaurant we see and the first restaurant we both looked at together was Gola! 


The restaurant has two floors and isn’t crowded at all so couples get a lot of solitude here. The decor is so far away from special that it lingers close to the Government run canteens. What did we start with? We started with Golden Fried Prawns and Chicken Spring Rolls. 


I liked the prawns but the spring rolls were a huge disappointment. It was hard to understand why they seemed so soggy! What was next? Our main course consisted of Chicken Chooza, Murg Makhni and Hydrabadi Biryani. I have to admit I am never in my life going to order hydrabadi biryani because they just cannot make biryani like awadhi’s do! 


The sauce base for murg makhni was quite good but if you ask me the food reminded me of what you would eat at a wedding, which means, too much oil and very little attention to detail. How did it end? We just decided to order a round of drinks because we hadn’t finished talking so we had some fruit beer which was surprisingly nice. 


Is Gola recommended? 


Not so much!

No comments:

Copyright © 2009 MICKEY'S WORLD VIEW All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.