Thursday 27 March 2014

Cafe Wanderlust and Shivangi Reviews (www.shivangireviews.com) Blogger's Meet 2014


This is not my first review of Cafe Wanderlust. I am a regular. I love the place. I am hooked on to its bohemian ways. I had the opportunity to go to Cafe Wanderlust again on a Sunday.



The event was a colab Food Blogger's Meet, organised by Cafe Wanderlust and Team Shivangi Reviews. I have been to a lot of food bloggers events before but this was different for so many reasons. 




Disha, who runs the place is quite the talked. She has a lot of interesting incidents, anecdotes and stories to share. All of us bloggers were not bored for a minute. One interesting incident after the other, one story after the other. Conversation kept flowing over huge glasses of Thandai, Adrak Chai, Kachoris, Samosa Chaat, Thekua (a Bihari deep fried dough ball), pastries, etc.




What I personally love about this cafe is how quirky it is. I can sit here for hours, having my Adrak chai and fave music on loop and never wanna leave. I like how the owner takes good care of her guests and ensures everyone is comfortable. I like how this little cafe is a family affair because all of us get tired of pretentiously self-important and pompous places to eat. I am tired of waiting for my partner to dress up to look great because most of the places we dine at require us to look a certain way. I like going casual from time to time and I pick Cafe Wanderlust to unwind. 




Cafe Wanderlust served us excellent Gol Gappas. I am a big fan of chaat and I enjoyed the Samosa Chaat with sprinkles of imli chutney very much. What my tongue still cannot forget is the lovely flavour of the kachoris. They were perfectly crips or khasta and tasted really good. One of the best kachoris I've had in Gurgaon. 




We were served a savoury mushroom crepe. Everyone at the table was amazed how the small Cafe Wanderlust kitchen is milting out all different kinds of things to eat. We loved the creamy mushroom crepes. Crepes are my favourite and I especially enjoyed these crepes very much. Highly Recommended.




Another great combo, that should not be missed is the Bombay Vada Pao. Now I really have not had the Bombay Vada Pao but everyone at the table who had said that this was as close as it could get to the actual vada pao - 9/10. It was also incredible to see that most of the bloggers at the table were hardcore non-vegetarians and Cafe Wanderlust is a vegetarian cafe but none of them missed the vegetarian food at all. Kudos to the chef, who is also the owner's mother.




The Veg Croque Monsieur, the vegetarian version of the grilled ham and cheese sandwich was quite good, this is the food that dreams are made of. There is cheese inside, there is cheese outside, it is cheesy and delicious. 




The Vegetarian Burger resembled a huge American Hamburger that we all couldn't finish by ourselves. We had to share. It was now time for the desserts. We were all eagerly awaiting the final course because after eating what felt like a zillion savoury items, we will in the mood for something sweet.



The Laung Lata was the best out of all the desserts and there was a plate full of different kinds of desserts. Laung Lata is a deep fried dessert with Khoya, Sugar, Refined flour, Cloves, Cardamom, etc. Must Have!



It was a Sunday well spent and I cannot wait to go back the the lovely Cafe again very soon. 

Email: ms.mayank@gmail.com
Photo Credit: Peeyoosh Kaushik Photography
Event Courtesy: Cafe Wanderlust and Team Shivangi Reviews

No comments:

Copyright © 2009 MICKEY'S WORLD VIEW All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.