Monday 29 September 2014

Elf Cafe & Bar (Hauz Khas Village, New Delhi) - 4/5 Stars

Why is one compelled to visit a place? For me it usually is when I hear from a lot of friends that this place shouldn't be missed. Elf Cafe Lounge is all I heard from my group of foodie friends before I finally decided to visit the place in the lovely Hauz Khas Village. 
DSC04919
 
As a lot of other people may tell you, Hauz Khas isn't as happening as it used to be, it could either be due to the controversy that caused some places to temporarily shut down. Whatever it was this place isn't the same. There was a time when it used to be bustling with hipsters regardless of the time of the week. Anyhow, Elf Cafe Lounge is certainly a rare gem in the lovely crown that is Hauz Khas Village. 
 
DSC04906
 
This certainly is the most happening place at HKV, the place belongs to Dinesh Arora who is quite well known in the party scene of Delhi. You would know him from the newspapers! He runs other restaurants like Ivory and Wushu. This place is great for parties because it has private lounges and is at least 2000-3000 sq. feet in area. Its multi-cuisine menu consists of tandoori food, American, Spanish, Italian, etc. The restaurant does a good job with most of its dishes because it has well known chefs from around the globe. 
 
DSC04893
 
Elf is a very welcoming and unpretentious place with some really good food, my recommendations are: Dahi Kebab, Chicken Tikka Pizza, Pasta and Brownie Sundae. We happened to try a lot of different things but these were surely my top favourites. 
 
DSC04930
 
What I loved most was the music (sufi, soul, rock, you name it!) and the ambience. It is a perfect date kind of place. I would certainly pick Elf for a fun night out with my partner. I was informed by the server that the place also has an in-house bakery and they do personalised cakes for special occasions. I have only been to Elf once but I know where I'm gonna plan my partner's surprise birthday party.
 
Keep partying! 
Mayank
(Delhi Food Club)
Contact: ms.mayank@gmail.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks so delicious. So badly tempting me to have one of those right now.
Inkmonk

Copyright © 2009 MICKEY'S WORLD VIEW All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.